Partner Ministry Applications for 2014-2015 Season
The Get Together is accepting applications for Partner Ministries for our September 2014-April 2015 season. Partner Ministries are the 8-12 ministries that we focus on each year by highlighting what they do and focusing on their needs. Before submitting your application, please review the following requirements of GT Partner Ministries:
- Be Christ-centered in your approach.
- Have 501 ( c ) 3 status.
- Attendance by the Executive Director/CEO at each Get Together luncheon.
- Attendance by Executive Director/CEO at one Get Together luncheon prior to making application.
- Submission of Needs List each month by the designated date two weeks prior to the luncheon.
- Prompt response to business people who are working on meeting ministry needs.
- Have ways for business people to be involved in your ministry using their business skills.
- Executive Director attends Partner Ministry Orientation on August 27, 2014 from 10-12.
The Get Together is a group of business people who meet monthly to learn about area ministries and their needs. Our meetings focus on giving business people the opportunity to get involved in ministry by using their business skills, expertise, entrepreneurship and contacts to help meet ministry needs. Some examples of the ways we have done this are:
- Providing speakers on budgeting, time management, and what employers expect and cooking nutritious meals.
- Job shadowing opportunities, job leads and conducting mock interviews for those seeking employment.
- Helping start a business to teach job skills and generate income for a ministry.
- Referrals to reputable vendors – plumbers, car repair, electrician, flooring, pest control, construction.
- Development of Hunters’ Harvest, which provides fish and game to ministries.
- Contacts for in-kind donations.
If you are interested in being considered as a Partner Ministry for 2014-2015, please send the completed application to Cathy Lawdanski (email@example.com) by May 1, 2014. If you have never attended a Get Together meeting, please attend one of our final meetings of this Get Together season on Wednesday, March 26 or April 30, 11:30-1:00 at Christ Evangelical Presbyterian Church (I-10 @ Wirt). The cost for lunch is $12 in advance/$15 at the door. Please register at thegettogether.org if you plan to attend. This will give you a clear idea of what we do and help you determine if this would be a good partnership for you.
If you know of other ministries that meet the qualifications and may have an interest in The Get Together, please forward this letter and application to them.
We look forward to receiving your application!