Job Posting – Media Coordinator
The Get Together, a fast-growing Christian ministry in Houston, TX is seeking an experienced media coordinator to write and manage e-newsletter, printed newsletter, social medial and photography. Individual must be a committed Christian, desiring to serve a Christ-centered ministry. Should be enthusiastic, have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, be able to work with little supervision and be professional in appearance and demeanor. Position requires an average of 5-10 hours per week. Individual may work primarily from home office, but will be required to attend lunch meetings from 10:30-1:30 on the last Wednesday of the month. Must also have daytime availability during the week to travel to Houston area ministries to do interviews and take pictures for stories.
- Management of media calendar
- Writing blog posts and stories for newsletter
- Managing social media posts – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Take good pictures to be included in all media
- Develop plan to increase number of followers on social media
- Manage website
- Assist with overall operation of The Get Together as directed by the Executive Director.
- Be proficient in Word Press
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to quickly pick up use of e-newsletter software
- Complete home office set up including:
- Laptop computer
- Fax Machine
- Camera for taking pictures – may be your phone if it can produce good quality pictures
Submit resumes and three job-related references to:
No phone calls, please.