Get Together Partner Ministries 2012-2013
The Get Together started small. In fact, the first few times a handful of business people “got together” to use their business expertise and networks to meet some ministry needs, we were only working with one ministry. Several months later it grew to six ministries and in recent years, the number of ministries has varied to between 10 and 13.
When we first began selecting which ministries The Get Together should partner with, we had the difficult task of deciding how many to choose and which ones! We decided to narrow our focus to a few, Christ-centered ministries each year. Our goal was to get to know well and serve a few ministries that point people to Jesus.
Get Together Partner Ministries are thoroughly vetted using this criteria:
- Are Christ-centered in their approach.
- Have 501 c 3 status.
- Have an Executive Director who is interested in building relationships with the business people and attends Get Together meetings.
- Have ways for business people to be involved in ministry using their business expertise and networks.
We are pleased to announce the following ministries as Get Together Partner Ministries for 2012-2013:
- Agape Development
- Aldine Community Transformation Center
- Casa El Buen Samaratino*
- Cornerstone Family Ministries
- Generation One
- Mission Centers of Houston
- Mission of Yahweh*
- Project LIFT
- The Source for Women
- Victory Home
- The WorkFaith Connection
*New Partner Ministry
Join us at our Fall Kick-Off Luncheon on September 26, 11:30-1:00 at Christ Evangelical Presbyterian Church. We want to introduce you to this great group of ministries and show you how you can use your business expertise and networks to serve.