The Get Together is accepting applications for Partner Ministries for our September 2011-April 2012 season. Ministries that are Christ-centered in their approach, have 501 ( c ) status and have ways for business people to be involved using their business skills are invited to apply. Partner Ministries are the 8-12 ministries that we focus on each year by highlighting what they do and focusing on their needs. In turn, the Executive Directors of our Partner Ministries commit to regular attendance at the Get Together luncheons (last Wednesday of the month), submitting ministry needs in a timely fashion and prompt response to business people who have ways to meet those needs.
The Get Together is a group of business people who meet monthly to learn about area ministries and their needs. Our meetings focus on giving business people the opportunity to get involved in ministry by using their business skills, expertise, entrepreneurship and contacts to help meet ministry needs. Some examples of the ways we have done this are:
• Providing speakers on budgeting, time management, and what employers expect and cooking nutritious meals.
• Job shadowing opportunities, job leads and conducting mock interviews for those seeking employment.
• Helping start a business to teach job skills and generate income for a ministry.
• Referrals to reputable vendors – plumbers, car repair, electrician, flooring, pest control, construction.
• Development of Hunters’ Harvest which provides fish and game to ministries.
• Contacts for in-kind donations.
If you are interested in being considered as a Partner Ministry for 2011-2012, please send the completed application to Cathy Lawdanski (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 1, 2011. If you have never attended a Get Together meeting, please attend our next meeting on Wednesday, April 27, 11:30-1:00 at The Barn @ Christ Evangelical Presbyterian Church (I-10 @ Wirt). The cost for lunch is $12. This will give you a clear idea of what we do and help you determine if this would be a good partnership for you. Please make your reservations by April 22 if you are attending.