Get Together Accepting Applications for Partner Ministries
The Get Together is accepting applications for Partner Ministries for our September 2013-April 2014 season. Partner Ministries are the 8-12 ministries that we focus on each year by highlighting what they do and focusing on their needs. Before submitting your application, please review the following requirements of GT Partner Ministries:
- Attendance by the Executive Director/CEO at each Get Together luncheon.
- Submission of Needs List each month by the designated date.
- Prompt response to business people who are working on meeting ministry needs.
- Be Christ-centered in your approach.
- Have 501 ( c ) 3 status.
- Have ways for business people to be involved in your ministry using their business skills.
- Executive Director attends Partner Ministry Orientation on August 28, 2013.
The Get Together is a group of business people who meet monthly to learn about area ministries and their needs. Our meetings focus on giving business people the opportunity to get involved in ministry by using their business skills, expertise, entrepreneurship and contacts to help meet ministry needs. Some examples of the ways we have done this are:
- Providing speakers on budgeting, time management, and what employers expect and cooking nutritious meals.
- Job shadowing opportunities, job leads and conducting mock interviews for those seeking employment.
- Helping start a business to teach job skills and generate income for a ministry.
- Referrals to reputable vendors – plumbers, car repair, electrician, flooring, pest control, construction.
- Development of Hunters’ Harvest, which provides fish and game to ministries.
- Contacts for in-kind donations.
If you are interested in being considered as a Partner Ministry for 2013-2014, please send the completed application to Cathy Lawdanski (email@example.com) by May 17, 2013. If you have never attended a Get Together meeting, please attend one of our final meetings of this Get Together season on Wednesday, March 27 or April 24, 11:30-1:00 at The Barn @ Christ Evangelical Presbyterian Church (I-10 @ Wirt). The cost for lunch is $12 in advance/$15 at the door. This will give you a clear idea of what we do and help you determine if this would be a good partnership for you. Register here.