From Useless to Useful
By Becky Heath, Executive Director – Get Together NW
- Have you upgraded your office computer and the “old” one is perfectly good but sitting in the storage room?
- Did you buy too much colored paper for a special project you were doing?
- Was there a sale on envelopes, file folders, etc. and you bought in excess and realize you can never use them all?
- Did you buy a new washer and/or dryer and the other one is in the garage – still in good working condition?
- Did your child upgrade their play system and the old one is sitting in the closet?
- Are you paying for a storage unit to keep items you will never use again that may be useful to someone else?
November is the month of Thanksgiving. As you reflect on your life and the past year I pray you have a lot to be thankful for. I also ask you to look at what you might have that is new or still perfectly useful. There is probably a ministry that can put it to good use to show the love of Christ through their programs. Wouldn’t you love to be a part of it? How can you help? Look around. What do you have that you don’t need that might be used by others? Send us a list by November 17th with the specifics on the items(s) you have. We will then send a list of the needs to our ministries and coordinate with them to obtain the item(s) from you. It’s easy and what a great way to share during this joyous season.
Get Together – Jamie Bird, Ministry Coordinator – Jamie@thegettogether.org
Get Together Northwest – Becky Heath, Executive Director – Becky@gettogethernw.org
“For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will be furnished richly so that he will have an abundance…”