Donate Christmas Gifts to Ministries
As Christmas approaches, a number of Get Together Partner Ministries are gearing up for their annual Christmas outreach by providing gifts for the children they serve. Most of them are facing a shortage.
This year is really challenging. By now we would have received at least 500 toys to serve 700 children. Right now, we are at 30 toys, 1 box at BBVA Compass Bank and much timber going up into the heavens to our merciful Lord. Our program is December 17 and we have 500 children registered to attend. – Barbara Irving, Executive Director, Project LIFT
This sentiment is echoed across the city, as ministries scramble to collect the needed toys. Below is a description of what is needed for the Get Together Partner Ministries. Would you consider providing toys/Christmas gifts for one of them? Or if you don’t have time to shop and deliver the toys, would you consider a financial gift to one of these groups, designated for the purchase of toys? Click here for contact information and the mailing address of our Get Together Partner Ministries.
- Christmas toys for distribution to boys and girls ages 1 – 14, unwrapped and new, $5 – $20 value range. Examples include board games, dolls, sports equipment, radios, arts and craft supplies, gift cards, CD players, skateboards, etc. We usually serve about 250 youth. Items need to donated by Friday, Dec. 16th. Party will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 21st
- Christmas Gifts: Gift cards to movies, restaurants, bowling alleys
- Christmas Gifts: Tricycles. We need 3 for boys and 2 for girls.
- Christmas Gifts: Bicycles. 5 adult-size
- Christmas Gifts: Board games, bicycle helmets, basketballs
- 200 New unwrapped toys, trucks, games, dolls, books, (aged toddler to 12), gift cards i.e. ITunes, Target, Walmart,10 Bikes (all sizes) for the 5th Annual Children’s Christmas Luncheon and Santa’s Village – December 17th